2011-05-28

Big redesign of Squidoo Lenses

Squidoo made some big changes this week and they redesigned the look of the lenses, added some new feautures and removed some previous features. You can read the official announcement of these changes in their blog post.

The majority of changes don't really affect anything, some new features are really great but some cool things has been removed. Below you can see what new and what's not there anymore.

New feaures on Squidoo Lenses:
  • Tweet button and Facebook Share button are added to lenses
  • 3 brand new (and really nice) templates
R.I.P. features on Squidoo:
  • Fan clubs are gone
  • You can no longer add lenses to your favorites
  • Some html attributes are no longer allowed in custom bio on your lenses
  • Lensrolling is no more

Will these changes really affect SEO, traffic and overall rankings? Maybe. We can't say this yet. I really like new sharing buttons and overall look of lenses. I'll sure miss fan clubs and favirte lenses. But one things is for sure - we need some time to accpet new changes, Squidoo is still an awesome site!

And now I want to hear from you! What do you think about new design and features on Squidoo lenses? Do you like them? Do you miss something? Would you recommend something to Squidoo? Share you comments!

1 comments:

Tony Payne said...

The layout does I think look a bit cleaner, but I will miss the fan club and favorites. I used these to know if I had previously come across a lensmaster or visited a lens.

Post a Comment

Loading...